Why is politics considered “taboo” to talk about?
Seriously, why is “politics” taboo to talk about at work, at church and with friends/family?
I have been pondering about this question for some time now and only have questions vs. answers.
- People do not know that they pay numerous different taxes which increases the cost of a product or service?
- People do not know what their taxes go to fund? Nor they care to know?
- People are so busy leading their own lives, that they think their elected officials will be honest and do the right thing?
- People are so jaded with politics that they think every single person running for office is a cheat, thief or liar?
- People are so stressed out with their own personal debt they are carrying, that it is consuming them day and night?
- People feel so uneducated on the issues of the day, that they do not want to look foolish when asked a question about the economy?
- People after a long day would rather sit down and escape into a reality TV show or a movie versus read the Wall Street Journal, Real Clear Politics and or Politico?
Thinking is FREE and healthy discussion is good for all of us!